Nov 16, 2012

Tarantino thinks old directors should go away

Steve dude! Time to hit quitsville road man!
In an interview with Playboy a soon-to-be 50 Quentin Tarantino offered his opinion of aging directors and, to quote QT himself "it's not pretty". Here's what he had to say.

"Who knows what I’ll do? I just don’t want to be an old-man filmmaker... I want to stop at a certain point. Directors don’t get better as they get older. Usually the worst films in their filmography are those last four at the end. I am all about my filmography, and one bad film f---s up three good ones. I don’t want that bad, out-of-touch comedy in my filmography, the movie that makes people think, 'Oh man, he still thinks it’s 20 years ago.' When directors get out-of-date, it’s not pretty."

Coming from a guy who hasn't directed a decent movie since 2004's "Kill Bill Vol 2" he certainly knows what he's talking about with that last statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment