Nov 13, 2012

Entire early version of "Prometheus" script available online

If you're like me you thought Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" was a film that got lost somewhere in the writing process. Brimming with potential and visually stunning with a great cast the film seemed to suffer from too many cooks in the kitchen. It's been well documented that Jon Spaihts' original story was subjected to revision and embellishment at the hands of Damon Lindelof and many, including me, feel the film suffered mightily for it.

Now a pre-Lindelof version of the script has surfaced online and anyone willing to take a trip over to here is welcome to read it. (If you're willing to sign up to scribd you can even download it.) While I'm not sure this script would have been everything I wanted as it is, I do think it has a much more cohesive feel to it start to finish than "Prometheus" wound up having. Read it yourself and decide.


No comments:

Post a Comment