Nov 9, 2012

Mark Walhberg joins "Transformers 4"

In a move that shocked the hell out of me Michael Bay has announced that Mark Walhberg has joined the cast of "Transformers 4". The move certainly lends some gravitas to the upcoming installment (if a Transformers movie can be said to have gravitas) - the first without series anchor Shia LaBeouf. From Bay's official announcement:

“Mark is awesome... and I’m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his calibre is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers legacy.”

Bay also credited internet "chatter" for giving him the idea to cast Walhberg:

"...let's say that very internet chatter gave me some ideas. We are at the inception of our story process right now on T4. Let's say some ideas are gaining traction with me and my writer – so I'm here to say thanks internet chatter."

Just how many films Walhberg has signed up for is unknown. Transformers 4 is due in theaters June 27, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment