Jun 4, 2012

New trailer and TV spot for "The Dark Knight Rises"

UPDATE: Well, somebody doesn't want that new trailer to be widely distributed because it was apparently removed even from the venerable "comingsoon.net". Sorry about that. I'm going to keep the link in place in case the video makes a reappearance. In the meantime the TV spot is still good to go.

Okay, here we go again. I posted this trailer earlier today but after the video source was removed I removed the post. The footage has resurfaced though so I'm going to try again.

As I mentioned in my initial post I've been underwhelmed by the trailers and tv clips released so far, and most of that has to do with Nolan's decision to make Batman's ultimate foe a warehouse worker with a plate of spaghetti stuck to his face. However, this new piece has me excited for the first time about the movie. For whatever reason Bane seems a bit more menacing which makes him a bit more believable as a foe for the Caped Crusader. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the look and feel of things as presented here is closer to the actual finished movie than what we've seen up to this point.

The TV spot focuses more on some of the underlying themes; Bruce Wayne retiring as The Bat, Catwoman prowling around the edges of the narrative, Bat-tech.

So here they are. First the trailer.





"The Dark Knight Rises" opens July 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment